Some Good General Thoughts...
10 Ways to Detach (and NOT lose your mind)...
1) Don't give advice, unless asked.
2) Leave the room, if you can't be quiet.
3) Focus on self, not what they "should be doing".
4) Let them experience their own choices. (*or consequences.)
5) Stop focusing on their behavior.
6) Remove the kids, before it becomes unsafe.
7) Don't nag them about their responsibilities.
8) Only help when asked. (*but DO NOT give out of YOUR "need to help".)
9) Compliment what they ARE doing well.
10) Let yourself off the hook - it is NOT your problem.
michellefarris / www.counselingrecovery.com